Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Member Feature: Four Harp Designs

Tell us a little about your shop.
My shop is primarily digital files for custom photo cards (birth announcements, invitations, holiday cards, etc.). Occasionally I add other fun items like burp rags, notecards, magnets, etc.

What brought you to etsy?
I learned about Etsy through The Bump community forums and started shopping here in February 2008 when my first son was born.

How long have you been crafting?
I opened my Etsy shop in June 2009 but have always had a crafty streak in me. I'm constantly looking for things to make and even as a child was very crafty. I still find silly crafts and projects at my parents' house that I made when I was young...

What is your favorite item in your shop right now?
Currently, my favorite item is my Snips & Snails birth announcement - I love that it's something more fun and whimsical than you typically see for little boys. I've never been into the baby boy stuff and it's hard to find things not in teddy bear/duckies/bottles themes for little boys.

What is your "day job?"
I'm a stay-at-home mom to two busy boys! Caleb is 2 and Asher is 6 months. This is by far the best (and most exhausting) "day job" I've ever had! I try to find time during their naps to hope on the computer and work on my etsy stuff.

Where do you find inspiration?
I'm always looking around for inspiration. It could be a new pattern I found or it could be something I saw while I was out and about running errands. For example, my Duo birth announcement was actually inspired by the back of a delivery truck I was driving behind one day!
What is one thing you wish you could do better?
I wish I was better at saying 'No' to chocolate :)

What is your favorite book/movie/song?
I love Jodi Picoult's books! My favorites of hers are My Sister's Keeper, Vanishing Acts, Plain Truth and Nineteen Minutes. Also love Alice Seabold's The Lovely Bones. One of my all-time favorite movies is Memento. I love movies that make you think and this one certainly does. If you haven't seen it, you've got to check it out. The movie begins at the end and works backwards in short segments. It's amazing.

Where else can we find you?
http://www.facebook.com/FourHarpDesigns
http://FourHarpDesigns.blogspot.com

Thanks Jan!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I agree but I think the list inform should secure more info then it has.