Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Meet Mary*Mule



Name: Mary L.

Craft: sewing- "handmade fabric accessories"

Etsy Store: mary*mule- http://www.marymule.etsy.com/

How long have you been in business? Since March 09.

How did you get started? I bought a sewing machine about a year ago when I decided I wanted to learn to sew. I am one of those people who sees something in a store and thinks "I can make that." I also wanted to be able to hem my own pants instead of always paying someone to do it for me. My first project was a pair of PJ pants (that didn't fit), then I moved on to a purse and tote bags.

Do you have formal training? I am self taught.

What's the best part of having an Etsy store? Sharing my creations with others. I guess I don't really "do it for the money." But I like making things and have to get rid of it somehow! I love that I can now make gifts for people too.

What surprised you about having your own business? All the "housekeeping" work that goes along with it. Recording cost of supplies, keeping a log of what I sell, all that mumbo jumbo.

How would you describe your style? Simple I guess. But not in a bad way.

What one item should everyone see in your store? This purse!
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28545249

No comments: