Monday, September 6, 2010

Team Interview: Etsy Shop Love

Q: Which etsy shops do you like to shop from?


ProsttotheHost- Bubbletime: I bought from her shop several times, since her little pudgy birds are popular with my little dog(!). I had to replace a few of them and they are now in our baby's room (far and high from Mo). They are soo cute. Plus, the seller was super quick to respond to my convos, sale and promptly mailed my birds. Love the quick service.
Sugar Fresh: Was featured on the front page and I bought her You are My Sunshine print. So awesome! I love buying from shops with few sales. She was quick, sweet and I had a very lovely conversation with her about her shop.
Mayberry Sparron: I love her custom stamps. I used her stamps for a few wedding projects and they have always come out beautifully.
~~~
SwishDesigns- Giggles and Grins Creations - she is super sweet and created some adorable 4th of July bloomers for my daughter. Super fast communication (important to me) and very nice. And had some great ideas! Really went above and beyond compared to the other sellers I contacted for similar products. Her prices were a bit more than the others but I went with her because she was so prompt and gave more than she needed to before I even committed to the sale.
~~~
PersonallySpeaking- Obviously - because I bake every day - I've ordered from The Baker's Confections - Esther is great to deal with, has pretty much everything you need, and responds quickly!! When I do a custom order with fondant toppers, I look for coordinating papers from her shop -- it just adds to the overall display of the cupcakes.
And ohhhhhhh boy - do I love this shop.... LilaFrances I bought a custom hanger from her for Erik's police uniform (I had bought him a valet stand for Christmas and thought the hanger would be a perfect compliment to it....). It says "Sgt O-----" - and it is AWESOME!! My sister finds out on Wednesday her baby's gender -- and I will be ordering a hanger for the baby's closet as soon as they decide on a name.
~~~
BlushPrintables- I bought a hand drawn poster from Madame Talbot and it is breathtaking. It was the fastest transaction ever, and I gasped when I got the poster in the mail. It's hand drawn and I couldn't believe the incredible detail and intricacy!! Included was a handwritten note thanking me for my purchase. I ended up writing a thank you letter back to the seller because I was so pleased with my purchase and the artwork.
~~~
Mary*Mule- I bought a wooden truck/car for my best friend's son from Woman Wood Worker. She makes natural wooden toys, and they are really cute, and reasonably priced. Her shipping prices are good too.
I ordered a custom made stamp from GettingHooked. She made a mule stamp for me (twice, b/c my dog had the first one for a snack) to use for my shop. She was very friendly and easy to work with. She even ended up adding the new stamp design to her shop.
~~~
2Birdstone- I've purchased prints on Etsy. I bought three of the state bird and flower letterpress prints from Dutch Door Press for each state my husband I have lived in (WI, CO, TX - they've not created NC yet). The prints are perfect and have them framed and waiting to be hung on the wall. I will buy from this seller again.
I commissioned this from a shop called Doc Martin Studios. I really like his modern pop art-y style and thought it would make a great gift for my husband when he returns from his deployment. It was very easy to work with Doc and he was willing to make any change I requested from colors to composition. The print itself is on very heavy, thick cottony paper and very nicely done. While it is digital the ink looks totally solid, with not dots, through a magnifying glass. I was seriously impressed when I got it and he only charged $100 for the print and totally custom work. I would buy from this seller again.

No comments: