Monday, August 1, 2011

Member Feature: Cut.Your.Heart.Out

Tell us a little about your shop.
Cut.Your.Heart.Out is a collection of handmade jewelry, accessories, home decor and artwork. Most of what I make has a youthful, fun and hip appeal. Girly with an edge.

What brought you to etsy?
A few years ago I got into a jewelry making frenzy where I began to make way more jewelry than I could ever wear and decided that opening a shop on Etsy might be a great way to put my creative energy to good use.

How long have you been crafting?
I've been keeping my hands busy by creating crafty goodness since I was a child.

What is your favorite item in your shop right now?
I really like the necklace titled Black and Blue. It's casually sophisticated.

What is your "day job?"
I am a child and adolescent therapist.

Where do you find inspiration?
Everywhere! I'm constantly inspired by my surroundings, events and materials.

What is one thing you wish you could do better?
Knit! I would love to knit cute and adorable baby things, but so far I can only knit scarfs... and potholders... and anything that doesn't force me to deviate from the square and rectangle shapes.

What is one crafting tool you couldn't live without?
My hot glue gun.

What is your favorite book/movie/song?
All time favorite book is Alice in Wonderland. Movie is The Breakfast Club. Song... I'll have to get back to that!

Where else can we find you?
http://cutyourheartout.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/cutyourheartout
http://www.etsy.com/shop/cutyourheartout

No comments: