Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Member Feature: Go Against the Grain

Tell us a little about your shop.
My shop is primarily comprised of digital goodies that the customer can purchase and then print at home or at a local print shop. This is a great option because you don't have to wait for shipping as it is emailed, you don't have to pay for shipping, and you dont pay an upcharge on printing!

What brought you to etsy?
I started my etsy shop while planning my own wedding. I had been designing monograms for free for other brides when someone suggested I sell them. Soon after that I discovered etsy and jumped on board!

How long have you been crafting?
For as long as I can remember. My mom is an art teacher so we were always doing crafts or projects and I still love it!
What is your favorite item in your shop right now?
I'd have to choose between my cupcake flags and my digital map designs. I LOVE cupcakes so anything having to do with them makes me smile. The map designs are a lot of fun to do because no 2 are a like and there are lots of options

What is your "day job?"
I am a creative director for a national medical trade association. I design their bi-monthly magazine as well as provide other graphic support.

Where do you find inspiration?
Everywhere, but mostly in magazines. I love reading blogs of all sorts too, lots of great things out there.

What is one thing you wish you could do better?
Oddly, I can't draw. Yes I'm a graphic designer but I use a computer for that. I wish I could draw or paint well!

What is one crafting tool you couldn't live without?
My laptop!

What is your favorite book/movie/song?
Favorite book is Memoirs of A Geisha; favorite movie is Gladiator (awesome music); I don't currently have a favorite song

Where else can we find you?
My blog is http://www.agoodbuild.wordpress.com/
My twitter name is @agoodbuild
and I have a facebook fan page at http://www.facebook.com/GoAgainstTheGrain


Thanks Laurel!

No comments: