Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Member Feature: Swish Designs

Tell us a little about your shop.
SwishDesigns creates custom invitations, paper party decor, birth announcements and wedding stationary. I strive to create products that exceed my customer's wishes. I really want them to LOVE what I've created for them.

What brought you to etsy?
I love Etsy - I love all the fun and unique hand-crafted items offered on the site. It's my "go-to" site for gifts, cards, and unique specialty items. I'm proud to be part of Etsy.

How long have you been crafting?
Ha! Probably my whole life! I love to do crafty things - not just with graphic design but with fabric, scrapbooking, paint, furniture, etc.

What is your favorite item in your shop right now?
Right now I have several faves - at the top of the list is the boarding pass invitation for a child's birthday party.
What is your "day job?"
Currently I'm a stay at home mom to my sweet 3 year old son: Ryan. We have a little girl on the way - she's due on May 1st.
Where do you find inspiration?
From everywhere! I love to see what's popular in clothing, furniture, and fashion and pull colors, themes and styles from what I see there. My customers also have some great ideas - so the custom stuff I do for them will sometimes morph into a "standard" in my shop.
What is one thing you wish you could do better?
Market myself! I'm not as "extroverted" when it comes to getting my shop out there and being competitive with all the other graphic designers.
What is one crafting tool you couldn't live without?
My computer - it's obviously my lifeline in graphic design. I'm fortunate that I'm married to a computer guy so he's awesome at ensuring that my stuff is backed up and that I'm virus free!
What is your favorite book/movie/song?
Oooh - I love books! I have several favs - off the top of my head: Water for Elephants, A Thousand Splendid Suns, and Peony in Love. But I also like your every day chick lit too!
Where else can we find you?
I love chatting with new friends - leave me a message or shoot me an email! I'd love to say hello!
Thanks Donna!

1 comment:

SwishDesigns said...

Thanks for the feature!!!